Saturday, March 24, 2012

Trail blazing with balenciaga...

Welcome my fellow Judges,
Well the Jury is out on many things in the style stakes... do I go for wider trousers this season, which shade of blue will i be sporting?.Do you think my patients will appreciate me in a sheer shirt ?( good god no i hear you all shout at your laptops !!!). Do i wear my hair ruffled or immaculately shiny and looking like a throwback from the 40's short back and sides me thinks?..I'll just end up looking like Arthur Askey!!....No!.....i'm not THAT old!!!...just like old movies....
You may think this is all i have to worry about ! you are so wrong as these are mere trivial things that take up a few minutes compared to last year when i drove up to a sunglasses show in the north of England. How glamorous my life is... I got to see them all last year and it was here i stumbled over one of the most forward thinking yet somehow wearable collections. I loved the way the collection was so inspired by the past yet somehow looked so modern at the same time.
The collection was presented in such a way it almost shone out amongst some of the bigger hitters and made them look almost tired, Balenciaga sunglasses are not afraid to make a statement yet like all other labels prides itself on quality of design and with rather a quirky twist to boot.
The collection comprises of six shapes available in limited colourings of nudes and black this is because at Balenciaga the colour happens in their clothing collections. Design is often turned on it's head and Balenciaga Eye wear is only to be described as must haves for those that dare to be a little more daring with their sunnies. The key hole nose bridge in heavy black acetate is one of my personal favourites and the pair i myself decided to purchase there and then. On arrival i also put the heavy black square eyes to one side for when the sun came out and have not been without either of them since.
Balenciaga began life as a fashion trailblazer and with the Renaissance the label has had over the past decade it seems they are not only quirky fly by nights but the Picasso of the the fashion world ( thank you Anna wintour for that description).
So what i want to really say is when you are considering the big investment into the world of designer sunglasses are you sure you want to be surrounded by the sheep or do you want blaze a trail in Balenciaga like myself.
I wanted to bring something ever so slightly different this year and boy did i do well
So come on Judges what do you think to Balenciaga ?
For now i am off to get some red wine and brie.
Keep 'em peeled
The Judge
 


 

No comments: